This Candy Cane Martini is the perfect cocktail for Christmas, New Year's Eve, or any winter get-together. Just make sure you have plenty because everyone loves it!
This candy cane martini recipe is super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. It's my go-to cocktail when we're having company over during winter months.
Just be careful because they go down so smooth but pack a pretty good punch. Last New Year's Eve we had some friends over to celebrate and my wife's girlfriend didn't make it to midnight because two of my candy cane martinis knocked her on her butt.
Candy Cane Martini Ingredients
There are many different recipes for candy cane martinis, but I like this one best. I've experimented with many different combinations and ratios of ingredients and this really is the perfect mix.
- Vanilla Vodka - Regular vodka will work too, but I find the hint of vanilla adds that extra something and puts it over the top
- Peppermint Schnapps - This is where the candy cane flavor comes from!
- White Chocolate Liqueur - A hint of chocolate flavor adds a creamy and decadent richness.
- Half and Half - Adds to the smooth and creamy texture.
As I said above, there are many different candy cane martini recipes. Some people swap in creme de menthe, grenadine, creme de cacao, or peppermint oil.
If you want a nice pink coloring instead of creamy white, pour some vodka into a glass and place a candy cane in it. The vodka will slowly break down the candy cane and in a few hours the candy will be gone and you'll be left with some delicious peppermint infused vodka.
If you use the peppermint infused vodka in your martini, I'd suggest swapping out the white chocolate liqueur for creme de cacao and omitting the half and half altogether.
If you leave those in it will still taste good and have that same diving creaminess, but but the color comes out somewhat off-putting. Honestly, it will end up looking more like a glass of Pepto Bismol than a holiday cocktail.
Feel free to mix and match ingredients and experiment for yourself to decide which version you like best.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make candy cane martinis in advance?
You can make a batch of candy cane martinis in advance and store in the fridge until you're ready to serve them. You can also prep the glasses ahead of time by rimming them with candy cane pieces. Or just skip the rim and garnish with a candy cane placed on top of or in each glass.
How do you rim a glass with a candy cane?
Place crushed candy canes on a small plate. Wet the outside rim of a chilled martini glass with water or simple syrup. Hold the glass by the stem and rotate the rim until coated with candy.
Candy Cane Martini
- 1 ½ ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 ½ ounces peppermint schnapps
- 1 ounce white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce half and half
- 2 candy canes One crushed and one whole for garnish
- Rim a martini glass by rubbing simple syrup around the rim and then dipping it into crushed candy canes on a small plate.
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice and add the vodka, schnapps, white chocolate liqueur and half and half.
- Shake well.
- Pour the mixture from the shaker into the glass and garnish with a candy cane.
- Be ready to make more because your guests will love them!